/* ----------------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Booted from wordpress to blogspot by Gecko Name: Death Designer: URL: http://www.geckoandfly.com Date: 27 April 2007 ------------------------------------------------------ */ shitty thoughts: do what you want there is no need to impress us

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

do what you want there is no need to impress us

[listening to ::: long time coming - the zutons]

Friday night I'll raise my glass and say
"Tomorrow things will change! I can't afford to wait."
But by Monday morning my alarm clock knows
How this story goes and the ending's the same as the start

Another day, another night, another year
Another smile, another lie, another tear
This better not be all I got
I never thought I'd end up here

2 blogs per month. what a ridiculously fast decline from the days of hitting up the entries at 1 every coupla days.

hoping that my blog title rings true. it has rendered me retarded for most of my life. and has finally taken hold on my blog, too. oh, the shame.

i watched OPRAH the other day (yes, that is what it has come to) and they had a bunch of people diagnosed as HOARDERS. as in, don't-throw-anything-away-just-in-case-i-need-it-and-then-won't-i-be-sorry-and-thus-i-am-living-in-filth.

it appears as a form of OCD wherein they're such perfectionists, they don't want to start cleaning because when they do it, they want to do it right -- and since they can't do it right (they're perfectionists, remember?) they don't do it at all.

much the same with me. don't wanna start anything since i wanna do it right. makes for some good procrastinating. i wanna write the perfect blog, but i'll write it when i can sit down and draft something. i wanna have the perfect job, so i can't fathom doing something that's not related. i wanna live the perfect life. i wanna be the perfect person. and now i think, "m'eh... fuck it."

so here is my stepping stone. i'm going to start by trying to fill this piece of shit with exactly that. shit.

do what you want, there is no need to impress us.

SPLENDOUR? wicked. saw some great bands. didn't know too much about the lineup there, but took a lot home with me. including trashed, muddy shoes (which are still sitting in a plastic bag, in my un-packed bag. *coughs*hoarder*coughs*)

HOMEBAKE looks like a great line-up. will probably mosey down to that, too.

went to lunch on NORTON ST yesterday. saw a fuckin' hilarious sign. no photo as my phone is stuffed again, so it's back in the shop, for the 2nd time in just as many months. even the chalk-boards speak wog. here is my re-creation. fully.





We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all. - Andy Clark, The Breakfast Club




oops i also wanna do it right. makes for some good procrastinating. i wanna write the Towing Ottawa ON perfect blog, but i'll write it when i can sit down and draft something.  


Post a Comment

shitty thoughts is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
Basically, don't touch my shit! But I can touch yours.. if you're lucky. ;)
Copyright 2006