/* ----------------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Booted from wordpress to blogspot by Gecko Name: Death Designer: URL: http://www.geckoandfly.com Date: 27 April 2007 ------------------------------------------------------ */ shitty thoughts: fly ly and meat pie (+ sauce.. soy sauce)

Friday, April 28, 2006

fly ly and meat pie (+ sauce.. soy sauce)

[listening to ::: you gonna want me - tiga]

i watched Crash the other night and i thought it was a top movie. for those of you who haven't seen it, it addresses issues of racial prejudice and how we react towards social stereotypes. for the trailer, go here.

it just got me thinking that a lot of the time, i'm soo un-racist, i become racist.

example:

when i worked at a newsagency, some 40 year old aussie dood came in to buy the paper.

me: that's a dollar thanks, mate.
him: geez. that's an unusual accent you've got there!
me: what? australian?

what did he expect me to say? "oh, dis paper one bipty, but fo you, special plyyy! one dollar! cheap-cheap!" i was soo dumb-founded i just gave him his paper and he left, without me saying another word... or kicking him in the balls.

it made me so furious. i hate the perception that some people have of me because i look asian. i hate that we're supposed to speak broken english and eat fried rice. i hate it so much i have perfect english and eat $5 pub steaks. and for this reason, i hate when i meet an asian who does say, "special plyyy, one-dollar, cheap-cheap!!!" i'm like, FUCK YOU, for being asian.

and all of a sudden. i'm a racist, too. fucked, eh?

i guess that's why i'll be the first to pay myself out. to save face, in case one day i forget about my $5 steak and i accidently say, "FLYYY LYYY!" but for the time being, i'm having too much fun, being the token asian. as long as it's one asian per group :P






ok i dont have anything as thoughtful to say like mick but i would like to point out the fact that you mish made a grammatical error. i am aware that i have made mnay in this comment but hey thats me. you on the other hand...a lot one word??? ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahha oh man i know how you feel now when you correct me and let me just say it feels good. real good  


err, trum? what typo?

muahahahhahaahahhahahahahaha!  


use a nigga mish. make me look insane will you!!!  


i always knew you were crazy.. and now i have proof!  


Post a Comment

shitty thoughts is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
Basically, don't touch my shit! But I can touch yours.. if you're lucky. ;)
Copyright 2006